- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
NHL fans let loose with racist comments after loss
Said Capitals owner Ted Leonsis on his blog: “Shame on these folks who decided to take to their keyboards and show their ignorance and their racism and hate.”
After Ward’s decisive goal, Carter tweeted “Warrrrrrrrrrdo!!” and was soon subjected to several racist tweets himself. Carter said he tracked down one of the tweeters, a student at Eastern Connecticut State University, and called the school president’s office Thursday. Later that afternoon, the student called Carter to apologize, and Carter accepted it.
He said that when he got traded to Boston his rookie season, his parents were afraid for him to play there.
“They had heard all the talk about Boston being racist, but I got nothing but love there,” said Carter, who scored 70 goals for the Bruins. “I was a black hockey player _ so what. I was a Bruin, and that’s all that mattered.”
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Obama unveils new $600 billion jobs initiative
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Got (raw) milk?
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.