- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
Drama Desk Nominations unveiled
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Two musicals more dark than frothy _ “Death Takes a Holiday” and “Follies” _ received the most nominations Friday from the Drama Desk, which honors both Broadway and off-Broadway productions.
The star-studded Broadway revival of Stephen Sondheim’s “Follies,” about two couples looking back on their mistakes, and off-Broadway’s “Death Takes a Holiday,” adapted from a story about Death taking human form and falling in love, each nabbed 10 nominations.
Matthew Broderick’s show “Nice Work If You Can Get It” earned eight nominations. Six went to “By the Way, Meet Vera Stark,” “Leap of Faith,” “Queen of the Mist” and “Richard III.”
The awards will be presented during a ceremony hosted by Brian d’ Arcy James and Donna Murphy on June 3 at The Town Hall in Manhattan.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Obama administration blasts GOP for criticism of Castro handshake
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow