- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Guardiola to leave Barcelona; Vilanova to replace
Question of the Day
“I think the club is right (on Tito). He is more than qualified, and the players know him. He will change very little of what we do, and he will give a lot to the players and club,” Guardiola said. “I can’t fool myself that I have the same energy as before.”
The 42-year-old Vilanova, a Barcelona youth player who never played for senior club, missed several weeks last fall following surgery on a salivary gland.
“Why Tito?” Barcelona sport director Andoni Zubizarreta said. “Because he represents the game, the analysis, the preparation. He puts the extra hour into preparation. He has the capacity and the personality to be here because we know him. So we decided to look inside our house and it was easy.”
Guardiola did not reveal his plans for the future except for saying he would like to return to coaching again sooner rather than later.
Specifically, Guardiola denied having had contact with Chelsea.
“No. It would be disrespectful to the club. I haven’t met with anyone,” he said. “Now I need to rest and look at it from outside. Life will take me where it wants to go.”
AP Sports Writer Paul Logothetis contributed to this report from Madrid.
Out of "the shadows," they demand citizenship without consequences
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors