- WestJet grants Christmas wishes for 250 airline passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
- NTSB hearing on San Francisco airliner crash postponed
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford insists he has dried out, vows sobriety test
- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
Allen a no-go for Celtics in Game 1 of playoffs
As expected, coach Doc Rivers said before Sunday’s game that Allen won’t be in uniform because of an ailing right ankle. He had a cortisone shot last week and says the ankle is feeling better, but not enough to go in the playoff opener. Rivers says the status of the 36-year-old guard will be determined before each game. The coach isn’t ruling out the possibility of Allen playing sometime in the series.
Allen missed the last nine games of the regular season and says he already would’ve undergone surgery on his ankle if it wasn’t the playoffs. Rivers expects Mickael Pietrus to take most of the minutes that Allen would’ve gotten.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Oregon fails to sign up single person on health care website as states struggle
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- George Zimmermans girlfriend flips on assault: Let my boyfriend go
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Notes from a running nerd: musings and more on all things running.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow