- State Department: ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
- George W. Bush penning biography of father
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels
- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
Allen a no-go for Celtics in Game 1 of playoffs
Question of the Day
ATLANTA (AP) - Boston Celtics guard Ray Allen won’t play in Game 1 of the NBA playoffs against the Atlanta Hawks.
As expected, coach Doc Rivers said before Sunday’s game that Allen won’t be in uniform because of an ailing right ankle. He had a cortisone shot last week and says the ankle is feeling better, but not enough to go in the playoff opener. Rivers says the status of the 36-year-old guard will be determined before each game. The coach isn’t ruling out the possibility of Allen playing sometime in the series.
Allen missed the last nine games of the regular season and says he already would’ve undergone surgery on his ankle if it wasn’t the playoffs. Rivers expects Mickael Pietrus to take most of the minutes that Allen would’ve gotten.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world