- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
Allen a no-go for Celtics in Game 1 of playoffs
ATLANTA (AP) - Boston Celtics guard Ray Allen won’t play in Game 1 of the NBA playoffs against the Atlanta Hawks.
As expected, coach Doc Rivers said before Sunday’s game that Allen won’t be in uniform because of an ailing right ankle. He had a cortisone shot last week and says the ankle is feeling better, but not enough to go in the playoff opener. Rivers says the status of the 36-year-old guard will be determined before each game. The coach isn’t ruling out the possibility of Allen playing sometime in the series.
Allen missed the last nine games of the regular season and says he already would’ve undergone surgery on his ankle if it wasn’t the playoffs. Rivers expects Mickael Pietrus to take most of the minutes that Allen would’ve gotten.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014