- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Tuning in to TV: Coffer tries hand at screenwriting
The initial performance — telecast at 8:30 p.m. Eastern time — went smoothly, with no noticeable technical glitches and one minor flubbed line.
Three hours later, the cast and guest stars hit their marks once again for viewers in the Western time zone. One of the changes: instead of Sir Paul, reality queen Kim Kardashian made use of Donaghy’s bathroom.
By the end of the episode, Donaghy was won over to the importance of live TV.
” ‘TGS’ is meant to be live,” he concluded. “To make it more profitable, we’ll just need to do more sponsored product placements. Or I’ll just pay you all less.”
Whereupon Mr. McCartney reappeared on stage, looking dazed.
“I slipped and hit my head in the bathroom,” he said. “Who am I?”
“You’re my boyfriend!” Liz Lemon told him as she gleefully led him away.
“Now, 14 million people just saw it. You’re welcome,” Ms. Kardashian said. “Oh, and also, I broke your toilet.”
- Associated Press
Titled “41,” the film about the 41st president is being produced by Jerry Weintraub, a friend of the Bush family and himself the subject of “My Way,” another HBO documentary. Jeffrey Roth, who made “The Wonder of It All” about Apollo moon walkers, is directing and writing the film.
It was made between September 2009 and February 2011.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again