- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Goodell: Saints appeals to be heard by end of week
Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he couldn’t speak directly to the Saints situation, but for all the hits he’s taken, he’d be surprised if an opponent was trying to injure him.
“We all respect each other so much,” he said. “We all know how hard it is. It really surprised me that guys would want to try to intentionally hurt somebody. This is a fraternity. There’s so few of us that do it. The average life expectancy is three years in the NFL or something like that.
“It would shock me if people were trying to intentionally hurt people.”
“They probably got a lot on their plate as it is. It’s not my business to jump in,” he said.
“I mean it would be great. That’s somebody coach Payton always talked about in meetings, admired him. He seemed like a great coach. I never played underneath him, but I learned a lot about him. I heard a lot about him. He seems like a great guy,” Thomas said.
“I know we would love to have him if it happens, but we would prefer Payton to be there with his team, to lead us on the way he’s been doing.”
“Hopefully, this doesn’t keep lingering on,” he said. “You don’t want this to linger on while we’re preparing for a season. You want to make sure everything is focused on one thing: Trying to get to that Super Bowl.”
The Super Bowl, by the way, will be played on the Saints‘ home field at the Superdome.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow