- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Neil Patrick Harris to host his 3rd Tony Awards
NEW YORK (AP) - Neil Patrick Harris will be back for his third turn hosting the Tony Awards.
Producers of the show announced Tuesday that the star of the sitcom “How I Met Your Mother” and a stage veteran would be back at Manhattan’s Beacon Theatre for the ceremony honoring Broadway’s best. It will be broadcast on CBS on June 10.
Harris previously hosted the Tonys last year and in 2009 _ the same year he hosted the Emmy Awards. As he did in 2011, Harris will also serve as a producer.
In a statement, Harris said he was thrilled. “Not only will I be shining a spotlight on the best that Broadway has to offer, but hopefully I’ll score some free house seats to a show _ or five!”
The 38-year-old Harris has starred in three Broadway productions, including “Assassins,” “Proof,” opposite Anne Heche, and as the exuberant master of ceremonies in “Cabaret.” He currently stars as dapper ladies’ man Barney Stinson on CBS’ sitcom hit “How I Met Your Mother.”
Last year’s Tony telecast was seen by 6.9 million viewers and posted a 9 percent year-to-year gain in the ratings for the 18-to-49 demographic. The boost came even though it aired opposite Game 6 of the NBA Finals, in which the Dallas Mavericks clinched the championship against the Miami Heat.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.