- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Inside Politics: Massachusetts Senate race raises questions on heritage
Mrs. Warren says she’s proud of her family’s ties to the Cherokee and Delaware tribes, although her campaign has yet to produce documentation.
The Oklahoma native also said she was unaware Harvard Law School identified her as an American Indian in the late 1990s, although earlier academic directories indicated she had identified herself as a “minority law teacher.”
The foundation said Monday that former President Bill Clinton, former President George W. Bush and House Speaker John A. Boehner will host the benefit May 15. The bipartisan event aims to secure funding for the complete memorial, including a learning center and a Tower of Voices containing 40 large wind chimes.
The first phase of the memorial was dedicated in September.
The site honors the 40 passengers and crew members who died when the airliner crashed in a field about 75 miles southeast of Pittsburgh on Sept. 11, 2001. Passengers fought terrorists for control of the hijacked plane that was believed to be targeting Washington.
High court orders review of ex-Gov. Ryan’s appeal
CHICAGO — The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday ordered a lower court to look at former Illinois Gov. George Ryan’s bid to overturn his corruption convictions, a decision that cracks open the possibility that the imprisoned Republican could win a new trial.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again