- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
World Briefs: Defense minister talks tough on Iran’s nuclear program
Question of the Day
Mr. Barak said: “I believe it is well understood in Washington, D.C., as well as in Jerusalem that as long as there is an existential threat to our people, all options to prevent Iran from getting nuclear weapons should remain on the table.”
Israel considers Iran a threat to its existence because of its nuclear and missile development programs, its leaders’ frequent reference to Israel’s destruction, and Iran’s support of violent anti-Israeli groups in Lebanon and Gaza.
Police charge 44 activists in bombings, vandalism
DHAKA — Police charged 44 opposition activists, including several senior leaders, with involvement in bombings and vandalism during an opposition-sponsored general strike that disrupted life across Bangladesh for a second day Monday.
The strike was called to protest the disappearance of an opposition official, Elias Ali, which his party blames on the government and security agencies.
U.N. envoy asks ex-president to stop meddling in state affairs
SANAA — The U.N. envoy to Yemen met Monday with the country’s former president to press him to stop meddling in the country’s affairs, diplomats said, a sign of continuing political instability that has emboldened al Qaeda.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Border Patrol helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- John McCain to Harry Reid: Ill kick the crap out of you
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from the carpool lane.
Politics, economics, and business from a real world perspective.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow