- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Autopsy confirms Davy Jones died of heart attack
WEST PALM BEACH, FLA. (AP) - An autopsy report confirms Monkees star Davy Jones died of a heart attack.
The report obtained Thursday by The Associated Press shows the 66-year-old Jones had severe build-up in his arteries.
Toxicology reports came back negative for any sign of drugs in his system other than cannabinoids, a class of drugs that includes marijuana. However, that played no role in his death.
The report also notes some congestion in the singer’s lungs.
Jones rocketed to the top of the 1960s music charts along with his bandmates in The Monkees, captivating audiences with hits including “Daydream Believer” and “I’m a Believer.” He died Feb. 29 near his home in Indiantown, Fla.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Hustler sent to every congressional office since 1983
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.