- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Police draw guns at home of Torii Hunter
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Torii Hunter was visited at his home by police officers with guns drawn after he accidentally triggered the alarm upon returning from the Los Angeles Angels’ final exhibition game on Wednesday.
The incident began when Hunter triggered the home’s alarm. A dispatcher called his wife’s cell phone, but she was in Texas and didn’t answer. Hunter struck out in his only at-bat in the Angels’ exhibition at Dodger Stadium, then left for his Orange County home.
“They didn’t believe I lived here in Newport coast so they walked me upstairs at gunpoint to get my ID,” he tweeted before clarifying the situation.
“The cops that were here today had there (sic) guns drawn but pointed downward in for safety. Those guys handled the situation like trained cops,” he wrote.
“After a while, the guy told me, `I’m a big Angels fan. I watch you all the time.’ I’m like, `Come on, man,’” he tweeted.
“The police department did a great job of protecting my home. Thanks guys!” Hunter wrote.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- CHELLANEY: China's game of chicken
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'economic freedom zones' for Detroit
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- New Internet security challenge arises for cybercops
- Wife of Obama aide found dead in burning car in home's garage
- Congress creates a legislative fortress for military sex-assault policy
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
"Critical thinking is thinking about your thinking while you're thinking in order to make your thinking better." - Dr. Richard Paul
Go beyond tourism's "top 10" bus tour destinations with Susan McKee as she explores the varied history, culture, food, and gardens, of the world.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!