- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
Watson misses cut by 2 strokes at Augusta National
Question of the Day
Despite their very different personalities, the Auburn grads have struck up a friendship over the last two years. They get together when they’re both at Tigers football or basketball games, but Dufner hasn’t been able to coax Barkley and his _ how shall we say it? unique _ swing, onto the course with him.
“We make a good combo,” said Dufner, the co-leader after the second round of the Masters. “He’s a little bit more out there and wears his emotions on his sleeve and tells people what he’s got on his mind no matter the consequences.”
Imagine how well that would go over at buttoned-up Augusta National.
The green jackets can rest easy, however. If Sir Charles has any plans to come cheer on Dufner, who had a share of a 1-shot lead going into the weekend, he hasn’t shared them with his buddy. The two haven’t even talked this week, Dufner said.
MUST-SEE TV: The first round of the Masters was a ratings hit.
ESPN’s live telecast of the first round Thursday averaged 2.6 million viewers, according to fast nationals from the Nielsen Co., a 4 percent increase from last year. The 2.3 household rating was up 10 percent from last year.
Ratings measure the percentage of homes with televisions tuned into a program.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq