- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
NY judge tells woman: Stay away from Alec Baldwin
NEW YORK (AP) - A Canadian actress accused of stalking “30 Rock” star Alec Baldwin has been told to stay away from him.
Baldwin’s publicist, Matthew Hiltzik, said, “As everyone knows, stalking is a serious issue, so we’ve turned this matter over to the New York Police Department.”
Sabourin’s attorney did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment after the arraignment.
She also is believed to have turned up unannounced at his home on Long Island on March 31 and to have gone to his address in lower Manhattan’s Greenwich Village neighborhood while he wasn’t there, authorities say.
The two met a decade ago on the set of “The Adventures of Pluto Nash,” in which he had a cameo and she was a publicist.
According to authorities, the 54-year-old Baldwin told police that the 40-year-old Sabourin had been sending him emails for several weeks and that the notes were disturbing. She professed her love for him, begging to have his children and telling him to leave his wife, he said, according to police.
In 2008, he published a book called “A Promise to Ourselves” about his personal experience dealing with divorce and his fight with Basinger over custody of their daughter.
Sabourin is a resident of Quebec. There was no answer to phone calls made to an address believed to be hers in a suburb outside Montreal.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes