- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Zimmerman faces trial by media
Question of the Day
I see that the New York Times let us know the dastardly George Zimmerman was a “white Hispanic” - and the Times seems to have put an emphasis on “white.” However, it did not tell the general public that Mr. Zimmerman is a registered Democrat.
Now we learn that the NBC News department left off the question from the police dispatcher asking Mr. Zimmerman the race of the person he was following, Trayvon Martin. Why was that omitted? In both cases, the omissions seem to have been made only to support the developing narrative that mean, white George Zimmerman is a racist.
How could the New York Times make the distinction that he was white? And leaving out the question from the dispatcher as to the race of the person being followed made it appear that Mr. Zimmerman could have been targeting Trayvon for his race. By now everyone must know that ABC News also got to take a few shots at Mr. Zimmerman. When broadcasting a video of him, ABC conveniently covered the back of his head with a banner on the screen. After receiving many complaints, they removed the banner, and then you could see it appeared that Mr. Zimmerman had some kind of cut on the back of his head. Dare I ask again why this happened? Was the object to tell this story, or was it to hide the truth?
None of us is in a position to know whether Mr. Zimmerman was right to fire the fatal shot. Should we not leave it to the local police and prosecutors? Because of the attention given to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, as well as the New Black Panther Party, the liberal media do not think so. They already have tried and convicted Mr. Zimmerman.
It seems Mr. Jackson and Mr. Sharpton are always ready to grab their share of the spotlight no matter what the cause. Didn’t they do everything in their power a few years ago to convict the lacrosse players at Duke University who were found not guilty of rape? Did either of them ever apologize for what they said about those students? Of course not.
The New Black Panthers offered a bounty on the life of Mr. Zimmerman. One would think that if I offered a bounty on the head of my next-door neighbor, I soon would be getting a visit from the local police department. What the New Black Panther Party is calling for is a modern-day lynching.
Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'