- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Cuba Gooding Jr. faces summons in bar turmoil
Question of the Day
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Cuba Gooding Jr. met Wednesday with New Orleans police and was issued a court summons after a Bourbon Street bartender told authorities that the actor pushed her.
On Tuesday, police issued an arrest warrant on a misdemeanor charge of municipal battery for Gooding. Police say the unidentified bartender told them that Gooding became upset after patrons started asking him to pose for photos with them at about 3 a.m. that morning.
The bartender told investigators that Gooding pushed her after she asked him to calm down and again after she told him he should leave and that police had been called.
Gooding left the bar before police arrived, officers said.
“Mr. Gooding, his representative and the New Orleans authorities met this morning (Wednesday) and are moving swiftly to resolve this misunderstanding,” Nancy Kane, Gooding’s publicist, told The Associated Press.
Calls to Gooding’s attorney were not immediately returned.
The actor is in New Orleans filming “The Butler,” a movie about a White House butler who serves eight American presidents. The film has a star-studded cast that includes Nicole Kidman, Liam Neeson, John Cusack, Jane Fonda, Robin Williams, Alex Pettyfer and Minka Kelly.
“The Butler” director is Lee Daniels (“Precious” and “Monster’s Ball).
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world