- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Mayweather due for Friday release from Vegas jail
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Floyd Mayweather Jr. is due for release from a Las Vegas jail by the weekend after serving two months in a domestic battery case.
Records show the 35-year-old undefeated champion is due for release Friday from the Clark County Detention Center.
Las Vegas police Officer Jose Hernandez said Wednesday that Mayweather was granted time off his 90-day sentence for work and good behavior.
Mayweather surrendered for jail June 1 after pleading guilty in December to misdemeanor charges in a September 2010 scuffle with his girlfriend, Josie Harris, while two of their children watched.
The plea deal avoided a trial on felony charges that could have gotten Mayweather up to 34 years in prison.
Mayweather promoter Leonard Ellerbe didn’t respond this week to messages.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.