- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Gas blast destroys 2 N.Y. buildings; 6 people dead
- 2 dead, 23 hurt when driver plows into SXSW crowd
- Student protester shot, killed amid Venezuela unrest
- ‘Between Two Ferns’ director rushes to Obama’s defense, blasts O’Reilly
- Marine springs into action, runs down and tackles alleged Boston purse snatcher
- Education Department botching loan-amnesty program: GAO review
- Snowden: NSA uses fake Facebook to hack into users’ computers
- Tearin’ up my tweet: ‘N Sync’s Lance Bass promotes wrong Obamacare website
No timetable is set for Jammal Brown to return
It was so good that many teammates fell down laughing.
“I was surprised at how well it was received, and we got a standing ovation at the end,” Cousins said. “Some of the coaches said it was the best they’ve seen in 20 years, so I was pretty pleased with it.”
That was just the first skit of many the Redskins‘ rookies will put on for the rest of the group. Following it is not an enviable position. Griffin has said he plans to sing “My Girl” by the Temptations.
Asked if he’d give Cousins two thumbs up, Jarvis Jenkins said: “Oh, three thumbs up if I had a third one.”
“London, he’s 37 years old,” Shanahan said. “Every time he’s on the practice field, he practices like he’s 22, so I’ve got to force him into retirement, at least during practice for a day or two. It’s hard to do without just taking the pads off him.”
Defensive end Kentwan Balmer missed practice, but Shanahan did not have an explanation.
“I’m not really sure what the situation is with him,” he said. “Hopefully, it’s nothing very serious.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- John Kerry says any resumption of aid to Egypt would depend on reforms in Cairo
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again