- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
AP Source: Dwight Howard traded to Lakers
Question of the Day
A person familiar with the deal tells The Associated Press that the teams completed a complex deal _ four teams in all _ after a conference call with NBA officials on Friday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because no team had publicly announced the trade was complete.
Among the other principals involved: The Lakers sent center Andrew Bynum to the Philadelphia 76ers, who moved Andre Iguodala to Denver. The Magic were to receive a collection of players and draft picks, including Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington.
So after an offseason where the Magic fired coach Stan Van Gundy and general manager Otis Smith, now they’re truly beginning anew. Howard is gone as well, the second time the franchise has lost a big-man star to the Lakers.
“Well, it looks like Superman has found a home,” Lakers guard Kobe Bryant wrote on his Facebook page.
A couple hours before the U.S. men’s basketball team was to play a semifinal game at the London Olympics, Iguodala was dealing with the reality of being traded.
“I know my best basketball is ahead of me,” Iguodala wrote on Twitter.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Latest Obama claim: I don't learn anything from the news
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq