- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
- HUMPHRIES: Fight like a Democrat – An open letter to Sen. Mitch McConnell
- Florida board member shocks with ‘Heil Hitler’ salute at town meeting
- Bill O’Reilly, Chris Matthews inducted into Irish America Hall of Fame
- Military given ‘execute order’ by Obama for secret cyber mission in June
What does LSU do with without Honey Badger?
Tyrann Mathieu was a game-changer for LSU last season. The definition of a ball hawk, the Honey Badger turned games in the Tigers’ favor with an uncanny ability to make big plays when they were needed most.
Now that Mathieu, an All-American cornerback and Heisman Trophy finalist, has been kicked off the team, what does it mean for LSU’s national championship hopes?
Let’s answer some questions:
WHO REPLACES HONEY BADGER?
Like Mardi Gras beads on Bourbon Street, it’s not hard to find a blue chip cornerback at LSU. Still, the Tigers don’t have as much depth at the position as they had last season.
One of two Jalens will likely take Mathieu’s spot opposite Tharold Simon as the starter in the secondary. Redshirt freshman Jalen Collins is a big corner at 6-foot-2 and 195 pounds. Rivals.com rated him a four-star prospect out of Olive Branch (Miss.) High School. He won LSU’s most improved player award after spring practice.
YEAH, BUT CAN ANYBODY REALLY REPLACE MATHIEU?
Often he was listed as the nickel back and LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis lined him up all over the field. One down Mathieu was a corner. One down he was a safety. One down he was _ all 5-9 and 175 pounds of him _ a linebacker.
Finding a player who can do all that as effectively as Mathieu will be difficult.
WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE TURNOVERS?
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again