- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- U.N. school in Gaza caught in cross-fire; 15 killed
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
D.C. United fall to Sporting Kansas City 2-1
Question of the Day
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Graham Zusi notched the winning goal and his 10th assist to lift Sporting Kansas City to a 2-1 win over D.C. United and into sole possession of first place in the Eastern Conference on Saturday night.
Teal Bunbury also scored for Sporting (13-7-4), which broke a four-match league winless streak at Livestrong Sporting Park. Kansas City had gone 0-2-2 at home since beating Toronto FC 2-0 on June 16.
United (11-8-3) looked positioned to pick up a road point until Zusi collected Kei Kamara’s long cross in the 63rd minute and shot past goalkeeper Bill Hamid.
Bunbury headed in Zusi’s corner kick in the 13th minute, putting Sporting up 1-0, but Nick DeLeon equalized in the 23rd minute for D.C.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare enrollees faking for freebies
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq