- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Vikings’ Adrian Peterson practicing
Question of the Day
DAVIE, FLA. — Dolphins receiver Chad Johnson was released from a Florida jail on $2,500 bail. He had been charged with domestic violence after his wife accused him of head-butting her during an argument.
Jail officials said Johnson, 34, was released Sunday. A no-contact order has been issued that prevents Johnson from contacting his wife, Evelyn Lozada.
Around the league
PACKERS: In need of backfield depth, Green Bay signed running back Cedric Benson. The eight-year veteran left Cincinnati after four seasons with the Bengals, leading them in rushing each year. But Cincinnati showed little interest in re-signing Benson. The Packers have been plagued by injuries in what has been an unimpressive running game. Green Bay finished 27th in rushing in 2011 despite going 15-1.
JAGUARS: Jacksonville released wide receiver Lee Evans. The eight-year veteran signed as a free agent with the Jaguars in April after he was released a month earlier by Baltimore. Evans has 381 receptions for 6,008 yards and 43 touchdowns in his career.
COWBOYS: Dallas will play its preseason opener without at least six expected starters. Rookie cornerback Morris Claiborne, their first-round draft pick, will not play Monday night at Oakland. He was back at practice Saturday but had missed a week because of a sprained left knee. Also out: two-time Pro Bowl receiver Miles Austin (hamstring), Pro Bowl nose tackle Jay Ratliff (foot), defensive end Jason Hatcher (groin), linebacker Anthony Spencer (hamstring) and center Phil Costa (back).
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq