- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Gold, sneakers, models? Fashion’s Olympic moment
Who were those gowned women?
Models had their moment at the closing ceremony of the London Olympics, with the likes of Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell bringing gold ballgowns, high heels and glamour on Sunday to the stadium that had been home to sneakers and sweat.
For the record, the other models were Georgia May Jagger (daughter of Mick) in a gold dress created by reunited Spice Girl Victoria Beckham; Karen Elson, in a gold floral lace bustier dress by Burberry; Lily Donaldson, in a gown covered with hammered sequins and metallic thread by Vivienne Westwood; Stella Tennant in a Christopher Kane Swarovski-crystal catsuit; Lily Cole in an Erdem embroidered lace cocktail dress; David Gandy in a Paul Smith suit; and Jourdan Dunn in a jersey tube dress splashed with gold “paint” by Jonathan Saunders.
“I loved the contrast between the gold and white coupled with this refined column silhouette, which I revisit a lot,” Saunders said in a statement.
Could gold be the new black?
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.