- Mass. police award 3-year-old girl for saving pregnant mother
- Sen. Barrasso: ‘Nothing flies, nothing shoots, nothing works’ in Ukrainian military
- RNC ‘autopsy’ authors: ‘Tremendous progress’ from a year ago
- Gun control groups turn to private sector to push crackdowns
- Study to test ‘chocolate’ pills for heart health
- Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay arrested for DWI
- Obama, Abbas to meet Monday morning regarding peace talks
- Guinness quits New York’s St. Patrick’s Day parade over gay march prohibition
- RNC goes on offensive with ad buys in 14 targeted states
- Saudi Arabia bans 50 ‘blasphemous’ baby names — like Benjamin
Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux: Actors become engaged
NEW YORK (AP) — After years of breathless anticipation — at least on the part of the tabloids — Jennifer Aniston is finally ready to wed again.
“Justin Theroux had an amazing birthday on Friday, receiving an extraordinary gift when his girlfriend, JenniferAniston, accepted his proposal of marriage,” said Mr. Theroux’s rep in a statement to People magazine, which first reported the engagement.
Mr. Theroux, 41, and Miss Aniston, 43, have known each other for years but started dating more than a year ago after working on the comedy “Wanderlust.” Though that film disappeared quickly from movie theaters after its release earlier this year, the relationship clearly proved to have more staying power. The two moved in together, and tabloids soon began predicting everything from marriage to babies for the new couple.
Miss Aniston has been a part of such speculation for years, ever since the demise of her marriage to Brad Pitt after a five-year union in 2005. While Mr. Pitt moved on to a long-term relationship with Angelina Jolie, Miss Aniston had high-profile relationships with the likes of John Mayer and Vince Vaughn that didn’t last, leading to the common narrative: When will Jen find someone or have a child?
It’s a theme that irked the former “Friends” actress.
“It’s very narrow-minded, I think. It doesn’t measure the level of my happiness or success in my life and my achievements or any of that,” she told “CBS This Morning” earlier this year. In the same interview, she said she was happier than she had ever been.
This will be Mr. Theroux’s first marriage. It’s not clear if a wedding date for the couple had been set.
TWT Video Picks
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
- CURL: We overhauled U.S. health care to insure 4.2 million people?
- Guinness quits New York's St. Patrick's Day parade over gay march prohibition
- Bill Maher: God a 'psychotic mass murderer' who 'drowns babies'
- California gun store owner refuses to hand over customer list
- Crimea votes in favor of secession; U.S. rejects
- New 'gainful employment' proposal sparks criticism
- Firefighters discover church's Bible in Harlem rubble following gas explosion
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Obama makes play for Obamacare in March Madness-themed ad
- McCaul offers scenario where missing Malaysian jet lands in hostile country to be use as missile
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014