- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Crosby, Ovechkin attend NHL labor talks in Toronto
Question of the Day
TORONTO (AP) - Sidney Crosby is among the players attending the NHL’s latest round of collective bargaining talks.
Alex Ovechkin, Steven Stamkos and Jason Spezza also are participating in the meeting Tuesday in Toronto. The NHL Players’ Association is expected to present its first proposal to the league at the meeting.
Union leader Donald Fehr has said the proposal will be an “alternative view” rather than a counter offer to the initial plan put forward by the NHL last month.
That proposal called for lowering the players’ share in revenue and introducing new contract restrictions, including a five-year cap on deals.
The current CBA expires Sept. 15. The NHL has said there will be a lockout if a new agreement isn’t in place by then.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors