- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Dog treadmill sales brisk as pets shape up
Question of the Day
It’s easy for a dog in a shelter to go cage crazy, she said. “They pace. They don’t focus. They bark. They won’t eat. They won’t make eye contact.”
The answer is exercise, she said. “It’s why the gym is so good for us when we are stressed out. It puts our endorphins to good use.”
Suhr, who volunteers at Adopt a Rescue Pet and has her own business, 4 Pawz On The Floor, also works part-time in a pet superstore. She brought a rescue dog, Max, to the store every week to use the machine.
“Not only did he calm down, but he was using the treadmill one day when a woman came in, saw him, fell in love with him and adopted him,” she said.
Suhr has one at her home for her three pets and her foster dogs. Suhr figures she would have to run miles and miles and spend hours and hours to get all her dogs as much exercise as they get on the treadmill in minutes.
Marie Czarnecki, 73, of Las Vegas is having her left knee replaced in a few weeks and will be out of commission for a few months.
She ordered a DogPacer the first day she saw one at her trainer’s office. Her shelties, Dee Dee, 6, and Sundance, 3, have been using it for several months. She calls it the best thing in her garage besides her car.
“Now I take them out with a leash, they get on, I set it and they go twice a day for 10 minutes,” she said. “They run over a mile a day and they do like it.”
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's trial to test definitions of political corruption
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq