- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
George Jones gets set for 1 last road tour in 2013
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - Country music icon George Jones says he’s ready for one last go-round on tour before retiring from the road.
Jones says in a statement Tuesday that 2013’s The Grand Tour will be his last after more than 50 years on the road. He plans approximately 60 dates and says it’s hard to quit doing what he loves, “but the time has come.”
At 81, Jones is widely considered the greatest living country singer and his contributions to the genre such as “He Stopped Loving Her Today” and “White Lightning” remain standards. He’s back on the road this year after postponing or canceling some dates due to an upper respiratory infection that led to a pair of hospital stays.
The news release also says Jones will soon begin working on a new album with Dolly Parton already working on songs to contribute to the project.
No timeline has been set for its release.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014