- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Chris Brown and Drake: Stars sued over NYC nightclub brawl
NEW YORK (AP) - A company with ties to a New York nightclub is suing Chris Brown and Drake over what it views as their roles in a bottle-throwing brawl involving their entourages.
Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. filed a $16 million claim Wednesday against the rapper and the R&B singer. Their representatives didn’t immediately answer inquiries for comment.
Entertainment Enterprises owns the trademark for Greenhouse, where the June 14 fracas happened. The lawsuit holds the stars responsible for the melee and says a $4 million licensing deal fell through because of it.
No criminal charges have been filed. Police say the melee started after members of Drake’s entourage confronted Brown. Drake’s representatives have said he was on his way out and didn’t injure anyone.
The club’s owners aren’t involved in the lawsuit.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- PIPES: Islam's inadvertent adverse effects on adherents
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again