- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Jury convicts Williams of ability-impaired driving
Dunn told jurors that Williams failed sobriety tests, despite the athleticism he shows on the field.
“This is somebody who can absolutely wreck a quarterback, wreck a running back, but he can’t walk a straight line,” he said.
The Broncos stripped the linebacker of his team captain title shortly after his arrest _ the second time in seven seasons that he was detained for suspicion of drunken driving. In 2005, he pleaded guilty to impaired driving.
Because of his pending suspension, Williams hasn’t practiced with the starters at training camp, so the team can prepare his replacement, which appears to be Wesley Woodyard.
Williams didn’t do any contact work at camp until Monday when he worked with the second stringers after free agent linebacker Keith Brooking left practice with a pulled hamstring.
His trial was delayed several times, including after he suffered a dislocated right elbow last fall during a game. The case was supposed to be resolved in May, but a judge declared a mistrial after Williams‘ attorney objected to how the jury was selected.
Steinberg asked for a mistrial again on Wednesday, this time arguing that the testimony of one officer was prejudicial to Williams. At issue was the officer’s answer, in response to a prosecutor’s question, that sober people are not admitted into detox facilities.
AP Pro Football Writer Arnie Stapleton contributed to this report.
Find Ivan Moreno on Twitter: http://twitter.com/IvanJourno
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again