- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Michael vs LeBron? It’s a match made for video
Question of the Day
The numbers indicate they would. Jason Argent, 2K Sports’ vice president of marketing, said he didn’t have the online statistics but the company sold about 5.5 million units of the 2K11 game, and another 4 million units for the 2K12 game, which was impacted by last season’s NBA lockout lockout.
Even so, the company wasn’t planning to include the 1992 and 2012 U.S. teams.
He said Jay-Z provided the push.
The rapper and part-owner of the Brooklyn Nets is serving as the game’s executive producer, and he insisted in a meeting that those Olympic teams be included. He also helped get Charles Barkley to sign on and be included.
“He put in a call to Charles, himself, and helped us work an agreement to use him in the game,” Argent said.
One player who won’t be represented in the game is Scottie Pippen. Argent said they simply couldn’t reach an agreement.
As for which team was better _ 1992 or 2012? Jordan thinks it’s just beginning.
“The only way it can end is to lace them back up and play against them in 2012, but I don’t think that’s going to happen,” Jordan said, laughing. “Just let the debate begin.”
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq