- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
- 3 Americans dead in shooting at Kabul hospital by Afghan guard
- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
Teenager charged with bringing marijuana into U.S.
An American teenager was caught at a D.C.-area airport attempting to smuggle four grams of marijuana in a cereal box, officials said Wednesday.
The 15-year-old boy was stopped by Customs and Border Protection officers at Washington Dulles International Airport on Sunday, when an officer noticed a cereal box in his luggage felt too heavy.
CBP spokesman Robert Hunt said the teen was hiding 3.6 grams of marijuana and paraphernalia in a medical kit, which was stuffed into a Cheerios box.
Most people stopped at Customs for smuggling drugs are older, Mr. Hunt said.
“It’s unique but definitely not unheard of,” Mr. Hunt said.
The boy came off a flight from France around 7 p.m., along with his older brother. The younger sibling “took responsibility for the marijuana,” Mr. Hunt said.
The teenager was charged with possession of a controlled substance and released.
Mr. Hunt said it would be up to the court to determine whether his actions fell under a felony or misdemeanor crime, but he said at this point “it looks like just a young man that had his personal use marijuana.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Chris Brown's assault trial delayed by D.C. judge
- In the company of a saint: Catholic Church will canonize Pope John Paul and Pope John XXIII
- Chris Brown assault trial delayed again
- '8THEIST' plate denial sparks lawsuit in New Jersey
- Faith scores again at the box office
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- CURL: Obama's foreign policy even worse than his domestic policy
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Jimmy Carter: Dont hurt Russian people with sanctions
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014