- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Teenager charged with bringing marijuana into U.S.
Question of the Day
An American teenager was caught at a D.C.-area airport attempting to smuggle four grams of marijuana in a cereal box, officials said Wednesday.
The 15-year-old boy was stopped by Customs and Border Protection officers at Washington Dulles International Airport on Sunday, when an officer noticed a cereal box in his luggage felt too heavy.
CBP spokesman Robert Hunt said the teen was hiding 3.6 grams of marijuana and paraphernalia in a medical kit, which was stuffed into a Cheerios box.
Most people stopped at Customs for smuggling drugs are older, Mr. Hunt said.
“It’s unique but definitely not unheard of,” Mr. Hunt said.
The boy came off a flight from France around 7 p.m., along with his older brother. The younger sibling “took responsibility for the marijuana,” Mr. Hunt said.
The teenager was charged with possession of a controlled substance and released.
Mr. Hunt said it would be up to the court to determine whether his actions fell under a felony or misdemeanor crime, but he said at this point “it looks like just a young man that had his personal use marijuana.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Higher Ground: 'Christian' Grey
- Priest abuse survivors group marks milestone
- Teen girl exorcised by priest, sends demonic text messages in response
- Obama nominates Rabbi David Saperstein as ambassador for religious freedom
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Australia issues arrest warrant for men believed to be homegrown ISIL terrorists
- Iraq Christians get meeting with top Obama aide
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors