- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Teenager charged with bringing marijuana into U.S.
An American teenager was caught at a D.C.-area airport attempting to smuggle four grams of marijuana in a cereal box, officials said Wednesday.
The 15-year-old boy was stopped by Customs and Border Protection officers at Washington Dulles International Airport on Sunday, when an officer noticed a cereal box in his luggage felt too heavy.
CBP spokesman Robert Hunt said the teen was hiding 3.6 grams of marijuana and paraphernalia in a medical kit, which was stuffed into a Cheerios box.
Most people stopped at Customs for smuggling drugs are older, Mr. Hunt said.
“It’s unique but definitely not unheard of,” Mr. Hunt said.
The boy came off a flight from France around 7 p.m., along with his older brother. The younger sibling “took responsibility for the marijuana,” Mr. Hunt said.
The teenager was charged with possession of a controlled substance and released.
Mr. Hunt said it would be up to the court to determine whether his actions fell under a felony or misdemeanor crime, but he said at this point “it looks like just a young man that had his personal use marijuana.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- No rest for the retired: Cardinal McCarrick on a mission for peace in Africa
- The sun also rises on Easter in the District
- Higher Ground: Colbert the Catholic
- Feeling taxed today? How about a prayer to St. Matthew?
- 'Matzah Factory' provides hands-on experience for learning about Passover
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.