- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Thousands of Elvis fans flock to Graceland vigil
MEMPHIS, TENN. (AP) - Elvis Presley’s ex-wife Priscilla and their daughter, Lisa Marie, have greeted thousands of fans who flocked to Graceland for a candelight vigil marking the 35th anniversary of the singer’s death.
The vigil opened Wednesday night after Priscilla Presley thanked the crowd for their enduring admiration of the rock `n’ roll icon. Lisa Marie Presley said she avoided making appearances at past vigils because she always thought they would be too emotional.
This was the first time both women had appeared together at the annual candlelight vigil, a tradition dating to the early 1980s.
Elvis admirers from around the globe flock each August to Graceland, where the singer is buried.
Presley died at age 42 on Aug. 16, 1977, after years of prescription drug abuse.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.