- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
NUGENT: All aboard for the Romney-Ryan Express
Republican veep pick just the ticket
For those conservatives who whine that Mr. Romney is not conservative enough, his selection of Mr. Ryan was a conservative grand slam. If his selection of Mr. Ryan is any indication of things to come, happy days are here again for conservative politics.
The first and foremost message is that Mr. Romney recognizes that America has to get its financial house in order. No one understands how to defuse the gigantic debt bomb America is livingwith better than Mr. Ryan.
Our embarrassing $16 trillion debt and annual trillion-dollar kamikaze deficit spending by the Obama administration together are possibly the greatest threat America has ever faced. If we fail to tackle this insane self-inflicted problem, America as we knew it goes the way of the dodo bird.
Mr. Ryan understands America is at a financial tipping point with one foot over the edge. He hasn’t sat back and ignored the problem; he actually has done something about it. As the House Budget Committee chairman, he issued his brilliant “The Path to Prosperity” budget “blueprint.”
Much rough-and-tumble political hoopla will be made about Mr. Ryan’s plan over the next 90 days. Democrats recoil in horror at the proposition of accountability. Clearly, it is liberals’ kryptonite.
The Democrats’ lying political attack machine will put out nasty, false ads claiming Mr. Ryan’s plan will toss the elderly out in the street. Straight out of the anti-American Saul Alinsky playbook, the Democrats will scramble maniacally to do whatever they can to scare the elderly into believing Mr. Ryan is the Social Security and Medicare Antichrist.
Don’t believe any of it. The foundation of the Democratic Party is based on lies.
The truth is that left-wing politics have been an economic calamity and the cause of destroyed lives, businesses and entire communities. The Democrats think the federal government knows what is best for Americans. They couldn’t be more wrong, and the evidence is irrefutable.
The Ryan plan is exactly what America needs to begin the long and difficult journey to getour financial house in order. Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan know Greece-like economic doom is not an option. At least not for people who care.
In stark contrast to the Ryan plan, President Obama’s plan is even more suicidal borrowing, more life-destroying spending, more unsustainable debt, proving unequivocally that our president and his team of Fedzillacrats and Ivy League academics are in way over their heads. Surprise, surprise.
Entrenched in the D.C. swamp, GOP members have jumped the conservative political ship by ignoring or compromising their conservative principles over the past couple of decades. This was a tremendously bad move.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
Get Breaking Alerts
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- College group's diversity event canceled after excluding white people
- Senators deluged by complaints void 2-year-old flood insurance plan before 10-day break
- Justice Department refuses info on hundreds of prosecutor misconduct cases
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Warren Buffett's son to spend $23.7 million in effort to save South African rhinos
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: De Blasio doing disservice to 'underdog' students
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Anti-God humanism will ruin nation
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Issue impeachment, not a toothless bill
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Put proof behind 'Bush lied' assertion
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Wind power less harmful to wildlife