- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
- Dancing Kim Jong-un video sparks North Korea fury
Fish finally beats Stepanek to reach quarterfinals
Question of the Day
CINCINNATI (AP) - Tenth-seeded Mardy Fish reached the quarterfinals of the Western & Southern Open with a 6-3, 6-3 win over Radek Stepanek on Wednesday.
Fish, a two-time runner-up at this event, beat his Czech Republic opponent for the first time in five career matches, including three straight-set losses. Fish celebrated his win with a leaping right fist pump after Stepanek's backhanded drop shot hit the net on match point.
The American hasn't dropped a set and has been broken only once while rolling into the quarterfinals.
Germany's Angelique Kerber became the first player to reach the quarterfinals. The No. 5 seed needed to win a tiebreaker to advance with a 6-4, 7-6 (5) win over qualifier Andrea Hlavackova of the Czech Republic.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq