- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Investors who sold stock in Facebook IPO
Question of the Day
Facebook Inc. sold 180 million of its shares in its initial public stock offering in May. Another 241.2 million came from existing stockholders, including the company’s earliest investors and CEO Mark Zuckerberg. Except for Zuckerberg, those stockholders were eligible to sell additional shares _ up at 271 million combined _ starting Thursday.
Here’s a look at early Facebook Inc. investors who sold stock in the IPO:
Number of shares sold in IPO: 30.2 million
_ James Breyer and Accel Partners, where he’s a partner
Year invested in Facebook: 2005
Number of shares sold: 57.7 million
_ Peter Thiel, managing partner at The Founders Fund and PayPal co-founder
Year invested in Facebook: 2004
Amount invested: $500,000
Number of shares sold in IPO: 16.8 million
_ DST Global Ltd. and affiliates, a London-based investment firm focused on Internet companies, founded by Russian investor Yuri Milner
Year invested in Facebook: 2009 and late 2010
Number of shares sold in IPO: 45.7 million
_ Goldman Sachs and affiliates, investment bank and one of the IPO’s underwriters
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world