- Associated Press - Thursday, August 16, 2012

LONDON (AP) - Prince Philip will likely remain hospitalized for a few more days while receiving treatment for a recurring bladder infection, Buckingham Palace said Thursday.

The 91-year-old husband of Queen Elizabeth II was taken to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, in Scotland, on Wednesday.

The palace said Thursday that he is responding well to treatment, but it was unclear when Philip _ also known as the Duke of Edinburgh _ would be released. It said “he is likely to remain in hospital for a few more days.”

Philip was taken to the Aberdeen hospital as he and the queen had been staying at Balmoral, her country retreat in eastern Scotland.

It is Philip’s third hospital stay in the last eight months. He was hospitalized for five days in June with a bladder infection that may have been aggravated by his appearance at a flotilla marking the queen’s 60-year reign.

In December, he underwent a successful coronary stent procedure to clear a blocked artery.

Copyright © 2016 The Washington Times, LLC.

blog comments powered by Disqus

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide