- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Wizards release preseason schedule
Question of the Day
The Wizards, who were 20-46 last season, will begin their preseason schedule Oct. 7 on the road against the Charlotte Bobcats, the only team (7-59) that finished with a worse record than them. The Wizards will play a total of eight games, with just one game at home.
Three of their preseason games will be against playoff teams, including the defending champion Miami Heat, and one against the newly-relocated Brooklyn Nets.
The Wizards will open training camp on Oct. 2 at George Mason University and begin the regular season on the road against the Cleveland Cavaliers on Oct. 30.
Here is the complete preseason schedule:
Sun., Oct. 7
Time Warner Cable Arena (Charlotte, NC)
Thur., Oct. 11
vs. New York
Sat., Oct. 13
Quicken Loans Arena (Cleveland, OH)
Mon., Oct. 15
Wed., Oct. 17
Air Canada Centre
Sat., Oct. 20
BMO Harris Bradley Center (Milwaukee, WI)
Wed., Oct. 24
(Kansas City, MO)
Fri., Oct. 26
at San Antonio
(San Antonio, TX)
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Carla Peay keeps you up to date on the Washington Wizards and the NBA.
- John Wall’s practice session includes contact
- Chris Singleton falls out of Wizards' rotation
- Wizards can't sustain solid start, fall to Mavericks
- Kevin Seraphin gets some tough love from his 'big brothers'
- Wizards' Randy Wittman desires healthier team in 2013
Latest Blog Entries
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Inside the sport of hockey from a scout’s perspective
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
For moms, dads, kids, tech heads, travelers, kitchen mavens and everyone else on your holiday gift list
White House pets gone wild!