- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
Mark Martin grabs pole at Michigan International Speedway
Fourth of season
Question of the Day
“The best part of not being at the racetrack is being able to put my arms around my wife, see her, and do what I please,” he said. “Instead of meeting a schedule, I just do whatever I feel like doing. It’s a piece of life that I didn’t have.”
Martin has two top-five finishes this season — ironically, he didn’t win the pole either time. This is his first pole in 54 starts at MIS. He did start first in June 1990, when qualifying was canceled due to inclement weather.
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- Facebook allows 'Kill Kendall Jones' page, but deletes her game hunting photos
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener