- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Conflict of interest in intel leak probe
Question of the Day
The Obama administration is still refusing to have an independent investigation into who leaked (and may still be leaking) very sensitive intelligence that is harming our nation and putting our intelligence people in serious danger (“Romney slams security leaks, blames White House,” Web, July 24). This situation is very serious and has caused intelligence agencies around the world to shut down some interaction with us for fear the information they share may become compromised.
It is difficult for me to understand the reason why such sensitive intel is being leaked, but I suppose espionage cannot be ruled out. With so many trails leading back to the White House, it’s obvious why the Obama administration is stonewalling while saying it isn’t stonewalling. Mr. Obama assigned two Justice Department people who supported him in the last election to investigate the matter.
All of this very much resembles the case in which the fox is assigned to investigative the source of raids on the henhouse.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
Get Breaking Alerts
- Calling sentence disparities unfair, Obama pardons 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Outrage over Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness