- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Conflict of interest in intel leak probe
The Obama administration is still refusing to have an independent investigation into who leaked (and may still be leaking) very sensitive intelligence that is harming our nation and putting our intelligence people in serious danger ("Romney slams security leaks, blames White House," Web, July 24). This situation is very serious and has caused intelligence agencies around the world to shut down some interaction with us for fear the information they share may become compromised.
It is difficult for me to understand the reason why such sensitive intel is being leaked, but I suppose espionage cannot be ruled out. With so many trails leading back to the White House, it's obvious why the Obama administration is stonewalling while saying it isn't stonewalling. Mr. Obama assigned two Justice Department people who supported him in the last election to investigate the matter.
All of this very much resembles the case in which the fox is assigned to investigative the source of raids on the henhouse.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Get Breaking Alerts
- U.S. Navy-China showdown: Chinese try to halt U.S. cruiser in international waters
- House budget bargain faces Senate filibuster; Republicans line up to oppose
- Obama birther theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- North Korea's official report on Jang Song Thaek
- Billy Graham near death, close to going home to be with the Lord
- PRUDEN: The last living witnesses; they wore the yellow star and remember the Nazi terror
- James Bond: The spy who is really an alcoholic
- Kim Jong-un consolidating power or losing grip on North Korea's military