- Easter worshippers shocked as car rams church, injuring 21
- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
Financial implications of Jammal Brown’s contract are weighed
Kicker Graham Gano appeared to make at least something of a political statement Thursday when he posted to his Twitter account the message “Proudly supporting Chick-fil-A today” accompanied by a photo of several items from the fast-food restaurant. The post was deleted soon after.
Wednesday was Chick-fil-A appreciation day as ex-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee publicized and others wanted to show support for CEO Dan Cathy, who made comments against same-sex marriage. Gano declined comment about the Twitter post.
Griffin’s preseason plan
Shanahan said he plans on giving quarterback Robert Griffin III the same playing time routine as the rest of the Redskins’ starters this preseason.
“I’m using that first game anywhere from 12 to 20 plays. The second game they usually play a half,” Shanahan said. “The third preseason game, I usually play a series into the third quarter, sometimes I’ll get them out there at half depending on the number of plays. Fourth game, they don’t play. That’s what I’ve done in the past.”
Asked if it mattered that Griffin was a rookie, Shanahan responded: “Doesn’t matter who it is.”
• Wide receiver Anthony Armstrong suffered a shoulder injury Thursday. Shanahan said it was an AC joint injury and Armstrong would get X-rays.
• Safety DeJon Gomes missed practice with a sore shoulder and will be out 2-3 days.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
Latest Blog Entries
- WHYNO: Tomas Vokoun gets unexpected Stanley Cup shot with Penguins
- Brandon Meriweather, Redskins' secondary ready for bounceback year
- Kirk Cousins embraces role as Redskins' offseason starter as RG3 rehabs from injury
- Capitals notes: Realignment won't prompt roster remake
- Despite Caps' first-round playoff exit, Adam Oates' first season as coach left a positive taste
Latest Blog Entries
- Redskins injury updates (5/23): WR Pierre Garcon, CB Josh Wilson each had labrum surgery
- Capitals 'love' Matt Hendricks, but how much?
- Wojtek Wolski signs in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League
- Tom Poti won't return to Capitals, plans to continue his NHL career
- Is Tom Wilson ready to be a regular for Capitals?
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- In Colorado, a marijuana holiday tries to go mainstream
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- See the scathing documents detailing $600 billion squandered in Afghanistan
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.