- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Get Out: International Young Artist Piano Competition
It may not be free like its neighbors downtown, but the National Building Museum sure knows how to play to the groundlings. The vaunted establishment recently invited architects to design minigolf holes “inspired by an actual building, bridge, landscape, or monument,” or even a made-up one. The museum then translated these designs into an actual golf course, which visitors can — wait for it! — actually play on. But the fun doesn’t end there: The museum will be asking visitors to name their favorite course elements, and then rewarding the most popular designer. The National Building Museum is officially the most fun repository of pretty things in D.C.
Through Labor Day at the National Building Museum, 401 F Street NW
Comic book nerds have the San Diego Comic-Con, political hangers-on have the RNC and DNC conventions. What do Lego lovers have? BrickFair. Hardly the weirdest of special interest conventions, BrickFair is where adults and children alike can congregate to share their unabashed enthusiasm for building scaled-down Taj Mahals and re-creating pivotal scenes from “The Princess Bride.” Modelers will display their best pieces, and vendors will be selling all kinds of Lego paraphernalia, from special edition kits to tchotchkes and key chains. All ages welcome.
Aug. 4 and 5 at the Dulles Expo Center, 4320 Chantilly Center, Chantilly
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.