- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
Giants still assessing injury to CB Terrell Thomas
He went to California to get a second opinion from the surgeon who reconstructed his ACL last year, and the five-year veteran plans to be examined by Alabama-based surgeon Dr. James Andrews next week, the Giants said.
If Thomas only stretched his ACL, there is hope that he could return.
Thomas, who missed all of last season after injuring the same ACL in a preseason game, was penciled in as a starting cornerback.
Carolina dealt Otah to the New York Jets on July 23 for a conditional seventh-round draft pick in 2013, but the trade was rescinded after Otah failed a physical, and he reverted to the Panthers‘ roster.
He’s missed 31 of the past 35 games because of a meniscus injury, finishing the past three seasons on injured reserve.
Saints’ Greer set for sports hernia surgery
METAIRIE, La. — New Orleans Saints first-team cornerback Jabari Greer will have sports hernia surgery after pulling his groin during practice this week, assistant head coach Joe Vitt said.
Greer was sent to see a doctor in Philadelphia for the procedure and should return in time for the regular season. Greer came up lame during practice Tuesday. Rookie receiver Nick Toon left Thursday’s practice with an apparent foot injury.
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- President Obama acknowledges living with illegal immigrant uncle: report
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
NFL junkie Eric Golub reports on his favorite obsession. There is no football offseason. Every February he pretends to care about other sports while sobbing uncontrollably each Sunday until September.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
White House pets gone wild!