- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Missing Iowa girls get NASCAR drivers’ attention
Cars driven by BK Racing teammates Landon Cassill and Travis Kvapil will feature photos of the girls at the Pennsylvania 400 at Pocono Raceway on Sunday. The decals also will include a phone number for the National Missing Children hotline.
Cassill is from Cedar Rapids, Iowa,
“Being from Iowa, and having some other folks in the sport from Iowa, we’re all pulling together to raise as much attention as possible to help locate the two missing girls,” Cassill said. “I really want to do as much as possible and this is one step. I can’t thank the team enough for doing this.”
Kvapil hopes the effort will put a national spotlight on the investigation.
“As a parent, I want to do anything I can to help the families locate their children,” Kvapil said. “I’m pleased that we have the special decals on our cars this weekend and I hope that this will aid in the search.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again