- Running on empty: EPA slashes biofuel goals because of ethanol shortage
- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
Missing Iowa girls get NASCAR drivers’ attention
LONG POND, PA. (AP) - Two young Iowa cousins missing for nearly three weeks have gotten the attention of two NASCAR Sprint Cup drivers.
Cars driven by BK Racing teammates Landon Cassill and Travis Kvapil will feature photos of the girls at the Pennsylvania 400 at Pocono Raceway on Sunday. The decals also will include a phone number for the National Missing Children hotline.
Ten-year-old Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins, whose 9th birthday was Tuesday, disappeared July 13 while riding their bikes in Evansdale.
Cassill is from Cedar Rapids, Iowa,
“Being from Iowa, and having some other folks in the sport from Iowa, we’re all pulling together to raise as much attention as possible to help locate the two missing girls,” Cassill said. “I really want to do as much as possible and this is one step. I can’t thank the team enough for doing this.”
Kvapil hopes the effort will put a national spotlight on the investigation.
“As a parent, I want to do anything I can to help the families locate their children,” Kvapil said. “I’m pleased that we have the special decals on our cars this weekend and I hope that this will aid in the search.”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- ISTOOK: Obama's sleight of hand hides hidden government's work
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014