- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
PGA Championship Field
Question of the Day
KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. (AP) - The 154 players who have qualified for the 94th PGA Championship, to be played on The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island. Two spots are being held for the winners of the Bridgestone Invitational and Reno-Tahoe Open if they are not already eligible. Otherwise, they will go to the alternates:
PGA CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS: Keegan Bradley, Martin Kaymer, Y.E. Yang, Padraig Harrington, Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Vijay Singh, Shaun Micheel, Rich Beem, David Toms, Davis Love III, Mark Brooks, John Daly.
MASTERS CHAMPIONS (5 years): Bubba Watson, Charl Schwartzel, Angel Cabrera, Trevor Immelman.
U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONS (5 years): Webb Simpson, Rory McIlroy, Graeme McDowell, Lucas Glover.
BRITISH OPEN CHAMPIONS (5 years): Ernie Els, Darren Clarke, Louis Oosthuizen, Stewart Cink.
2012 SENIOR PGA CHAMPION: Roger Chapman.
TOP 15 AND TIES FROM 2011 PGA CHAMPIONSHIP: Jason Dufner, Anders Hansen, Robert Karlsson, Scott Verplank, Adam Scott, Luke Donald, Lee Westwood, Kevin Na, D.A. Points, Sergio Garcia, Bill Haas, Steve Stricker, Nick Watney, Gary Woodland.
TOP 20 FROM 2012 PGA NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Matt Dobyns, Danny Balin, Frank Bensel, Mark Brown, Brian Cairns, Jeff Coston, Michael Frye, Brian Gaffney, Marty Jertson, Darrell Kestner, Mitch Lowe, Kelly Mitchum, Alan Morin, Bill Muchison, Rod Perry, Corey Prugh, Paul Scaletta, Mike Small, Bob Sowards, Doug Wade.
TOP 70 IN PGA TOUR EARNINGS FROM 2011 BRIDGESTONE INVITATIONAL THROUGH 2012 CANADIAN OPEN: Hunter Mahan, Matt Kuchar, Justin Rose, Zach Johnson, Dustin Johnson, Rickie Fowler, Brandt Snedeker, Carl Pettersson, Scott Piercy, Bo Van Pelt, Jim Furyk, Kyle Stanley, John Senden, Ben Crane, Mark Wilson, Martin Laird, Johnson Wagner, John Huh, Ben Curtis, Robert Garrigus, Jonathan Byrd, Bryce Molder, Jason Day, Marc Leishman, Chez Reavie, John Rollins, Aaron Baddeley, Charlie Wi, Geoff Ogilvy, Brian Davis, Spencer Levin, George McNeill, Charles Howell III, Bud Cauley, Michael Thompson, K.J. Choi, Charley Hoffman, Ryan Palmer, Ryan Moore, Ken Duke, Matt Every, Tommy Gainey, Cameron Tringale, Peter Hanson, Ted Potter Jr., Rory Sabbatini, Seung-yul Noh, Pat Perez, Brendon de Jonge.
RYDER CUP PLAYERS FROM 2010 IF STILL IN THE TOP 100 IN THE WORLD RANKING: Miguel Angel Jimenez, Francesco Molinari, Ian Poulter.
PGA TOUR WINNERS SINCE THE 2011 PGA CHAMPIONSHIP: Scott Stallings.
SPECIAL EXEMPTIONS FROM THE PGA OF AMERICA: Thomas Aiken, Robert Allenby, Sang Moon Bae, Thomas Bjorn, Rafa Cabrera-Bello, Paul Casey, Greg Chalmers, Tim Clark, George Coetzee, Nicolas Colsaerts, Jamie Donaldson, Simon Dyson, Gonzolo Fernandez-Castano, Marcus Fraser, Hiroyuki Fujita, Retief Goosen, Branden Grace, Michael Hoey, Ryo Ishikawa, Thongchai Jaidee, Brendan Jones, K.T. Kim, Pablo Larrazabal, Paul Lawrie, Spencer Levin, Joost Luiten, Matteo Manassero, Alex Noren, Jose Maria Olazabal, Thorbjorn Olesen, Alvaro Quiros, Robert Rock, Marcel Siem, Jeev Milkha Singh, Toru Taniguchi, Bernd Wiesberger.
TO COMPLETE THE FIELD, PLAYERS BEYOND THE TOP 70 IN PGA TOUR MONEY FROM 2011 BRIDGESTONE INVITATIONAL THROUGH 2012 CANADIAN OPEN: Sean O’Hair, Jeff Overton, Fredrik Jacobson, Blake Adams, Jimmy Walker.
ALTERNATES: William McGirt, Chris Stroud, Jerry Kelly, Dicky Pride, Brendan Steele, Kevin Stadler, Daniel Summerhays, David Hearn, Camilo Villegas.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world