- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
PGA Championship Field
Question of the Day
KIAWAH ISLAND, S.C. (AP) - The 154 players who have qualified for the 94th PGA Championship, to be played on The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island. Two spots are being held for the winners of the Bridgestone Invitational and Reno-Tahoe Open if they are not already eligible. Otherwise, they will go to the alternates:
PGA CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS: Keegan Bradley, Martin Kaymer, Y.E. Yang, Padraig Harrington, Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Vijay Singh, Shaun Micheel, Rich Beem, David Toms, Davis Love III, Mark Brooks, John Daly.
MASTERS CHAMPIONS (5 years): Bubba Watson, Charl Schwartzel, Angel Cabrera, Trevor Immelman.
U.S. OPEN CHAMPIONS (5 years): Webb Simpson, Rory McIlroy, Graeme McDowell, Lucas Glover.
BRITISH OPEN CHAMPIONS (5 years): Ernie Els, Darren Clarke, Louis Oosthuizen, Stewart Cink.
2012 SENIOR PGA CHAMPION: Roger Chapman.
TOP 15 AND TIES FROM 2011 PGA CHAMPIONSHIP: Jason Dufner, Anders Hansen, Robert Karlsson, Scott Verplank, Adam Scott, Luke Donald, Lee Westwood, Kevin Na, D.A. Points, Sergio Garcia, Bill Haas, Steve Stricker, Nick Watney, Gary Woodland.
TOP 20 FROM 2012 PGA NATIONAL PROFESSIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP: Matt Dobyns, Danny Balin, Frank Bensel, Mark Brown, Brian Cairns, Jeff Coston, Michael Frye, Brian Gaffney, Marty Jertson, Darrell Kestner, Mitch Lowe, Kelly Mitchum, Alan Morin, Bill Muchison, Rod Perry, Corey Prugh, Paul Scaletta, Mike Small, Bob Sowards, Doug Wade.
TOP 70 IN PGA TOUR EARNINGS FROM 2011 BRIDGESTONE INVITATIONAL THROUGH 2012 CANADIAN OPEN: Hunter Mahan, Matt Kuchar, Justin Rose, Zach Johnson, Dustin Johnson, Rickie Fowler, Brandt Snedeker, Carl Pettersson, Scott Piercy, Bo Van Pelt, Jim Furyk, Kyle Stanley, John Senden, Ben Crane, Mark Wilson, Martin Laird, Johnson Wagner, John Huh, Ben Curtis, Robert Garrigus, Jonathan Byrd, Bryce Molder, Jason Day, Marc Leishman, Chez Reavie, John Rollins, Aaron Baddeley, Charlie Wi, Geoff Ogilvy, Brian Davis, Spencer Levin, George McNeill, Charles Howell III, Bud Cauley, Michael Thompson, K.J. Choi, Charley Hoffman, Ryan Palmer, Ryan Moore, Ken Duke, Matt Every, Tommy Gainey, Cameron Tringale, Peter Hanson, Ted Potter Jr., Rory Sabbatini, Seung-yul Noh, Pat Perez, Brendon de Jonge.
RYDER CUP PLAYERS FROM 2010 IF STILL IN THE TOP 100 IN THE WORLD RANKING: Miguel Angel Jimenez, Francesco Molinari, Ian Poulter.
PGA TOUR WINNERS SINCE THE 2011 PGA CHAMPIONSHIP: Scott Stallings.
SPECIAL EXEMPTIONS FROM THE PGA OF AMERICA: Thomas Aiken, Robert Allenby, Sang Moon Bae, Thomas Bjorn, Rafa Cabrera-Bello, Paul Casey, Greg Chalmers, Tim Clark, George Coetzee, Nicolas Colsaerts, Jamie Donaldson, Simon Dyson, Gonzolo Fernandez-Castano, Marcus Fraser, Hiroyuki Fujita, Retief Goosen, Branden Grace, Michael Hoey, Ryo Ishikawa, Thongchai Jaidee, Brendan Jones, K.T. Kim, Pablo Larrazabal, Paul Lawrie, Spencer Levin, Joost Luiten, Matteo Manassero, Alex Noren, Jose Maria Olazabal, Thorbjorn Olesen, Alvaro Quiros, Robert Rock, Marcel Siem, Jeev Milkha Singh, Toru Taniguchi, Bernd Wiesberger.
TO COMPLETE THE FIELD, PLAYERS BEYOND THE TOP 70 IN PGA TOUR MONEY FROM 2011 BRIDGESTONE INVITATIONAL THROUGH 2012 CANADIAN OPEN: Sean O’Hair, Jeff Overton, Fredrik Jacobson, Blake Adams, Jimmy Walker.
ALTERNATES: William McGirt, Chris Stroud, Jerry Kelly, Dicky Pride, Brendan Steele, Kevin Stadler, Daniel Summerhays, David Hearn, Camilo Villegas.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq