- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- Israeli fire hits U.N. facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
Screen pals Caine, Freeman talk career longevity
Question of the Day
Shot on reasonable budgets, such movies still can find older audiences and earn their money back, they said.
“There was a thing that I read in an American newspaper, and it said there’s an extraordinary thing going on,” Caine said. “Older people are going back to the movies. They’re fed up with sitting watching TV. They go out, and they go and see a movie, and they have some dinner and go home.
“And that is true, because these pictures we’re doing now, 10 years ago they might go to DVD or television, but they get to theaters now and get an audience.”
Still to come, Freeman co-stars with Robert De Niro and Michael Douglas in the geriatric bachelor party comedy “Last Vegas.” Caine has the title role in “Mr. Morgan’s Last Love,” a drama he recently shot with Gillian Anderson and Clemence Poesy.
“Actually,” Caine said, “we would be very funny together.”
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq