- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Extreme truth
The favorite descriptor of all Democratic Party acolytes for Rep. Paul Ryan, Wisconsin Republican and Mitt Romney's vice-presidential pick, is "extreme" ("Democrats slam Ryan as threat to social safety net," Page 1, Monday). To the political left, the word "extreme" is synonymous with the word "truth."
For them, telling the truth is a political defect. Anytime a Republican candidate presents truthful facts and figures, the left hollers "extreme." If President Obama is re-elected, the United States will implode fiscally. We will become France and Greece on steroids. Mr. Ryan speaks to Americans as adults, not children. He believes Americans can stand the truth. Democrats are Jack Nicholson's character in "A Few Good Men" when he screams, "You can't handle the truth." In the words of a bumper sticker I saw recently: "Go Romney-Ryan, or the USA goes broke."
JOSEPH R. FARRELL
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Get Breaking Alerts
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- David Jolly wins in Florida, GOP keeps swing district seat
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Brennan: Russia 'absolutely' could invade eastern Ukraine
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- White House touts leadership in handling of crisis in Ukraine, despite lack of results
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to 'man up' in horse carriage fight
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- FEULNER: Civic involvement, not big government, empowers Americans
- BLACKWELL: Obama fumbles key to saving minority youth
- RAHN: The responsibility to resist fiscally irresponsible politicians
- GANS: Obamacare's latest casualty: rehabilitative hospitals
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama delivering on 'flexibility' vow to Moscow
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama should've seen Ukraine coming
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Political correctness is enemy of free speech
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop wasting money on United Nations
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Certain issues belong to voters