- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
Hollywood reacts to the death of Phyllis Diller
Hollywood reacts to the passing of comic pioneer Phyllis Diller:
_ “I adored her. She was a wondrous spirit who was great to me.” _ Barbra Streisand.
_ “The thing that strikes me most about Phyllis, aside from a joy to be around, was her uniqueness. There was no one like Phyllis before, and I doubt if there will be anyone after.” _ Bob Newhart.
_ “I’m beyond saddened by the death of Phyllis Diller. We were friends - Melissa and I had a wonderful time with her at lunch just a month ago.” _ Joan Rivers tweeted.
_ “Phyllis Diller was a friend of mine. 1 time she came over with a 70 year old guy. Told me she was “Robbing the cradle”. RIP” _ Tweeted Dylan McDermott.
_ “A true original has died. Phyllis Diller There was NOOne like her, no 1looked like her sounded like her. A FUNNY FUNNY. Classy& Smart RIP” _ Whoopi Goldberg, on Twitter.
_ “She was responsible for getting me one of my first jobs. I loved her and I will miss her tremendously, as will the whole world.” _ Rip Taylor.
_ “She was one of a kind. A brilliant talent and an extremely supportive friend, when you needed one. When I had the accident that broke my leg a couple of years ago, hers was the first voice that managed to reach me by phone at the hospital. She was also the first note I received, written on a piece of paper it said … `Money’s scarce. Times are hard. Here’s your F(asterisk)(asterisk)(asterisk)ing get well card - Phyllis.’ She knew how to lift your spirits. I loved her and we will all miss her.” _ Carol Channing.
TWT Video Picks
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Bill Clinton falls off vegan diet wagon but not vegan label
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes