- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
Hollywood reacts to the death of Phyllis Diller
Question of the Day
Hollywood reacts to the passing of comic pioneer Phyllis Diller:
_ “I adored her. She was a wondrous spirit who was great to me.” _ Barbra Streisand.
_ “The thing that strikes me most about Phyllis, aside from a joy to be around, was her uniqueness. There was no one like Phyllis before, and I doubt if there will be anyone after.” _ Bob Newhart.
_ “I’m beyond saddened by the death of Phyllis Diller. We were friends - Melissa and I had a wonderful time with her at lunch just a month ago.” _ Joan Rivers tweeted.
_ “Phyllis Diller was a friend of mine. 1 time she came over with a 70 year old guy. Told me she was “Robbing the cradle”. RIP” _ Tweeted Dylan McDermott.
_ “A true original has died. Phyllis Diller There was NOOne like her, no 1looked like her sounded like her. A FUNNY FUNNY. Classy& Smart RIP” _ Whoopi Goldberg, on Twitter.
_ “She was responsible for getting me one of my first jobs. I loved her and I will miss her tremendously, as will the whole world.” _ Rip Taylor.
_ “She was one of a kind. A brilliant talent and an extremely supportive friend, when you needed one. When I had the accident that broke my leg a couple of years ago, hers was the first voice that managed to reach me by phone at the hospital. She was also the first note I received, written on a piece of paper it said … `Money’s scarce. Times are hard. Here’s your F(asterisk)(asterisk)(asterisk)ing get well card - Phyllis.’ She knew how to lift your spirits. I loved her and we will all miss her.” _ Carol Channing.
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world