- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Hollywood reacts to the death of Tony Scott
Question of the Day
With a career that spanned three decades and included hits such as “Top Gun” and “True Romance,” filmmaker Tony Scott touched many in the Hollywood community:
_ “Tony was my dear friend and I will really miss him. He was a creative visionary whose mark on film is immeasurable. My deepest sorrow and thoughts are with his family at this time.” _ Tom Cruise.
_ “My deepest sympathies go out to Tony’s family. He was a great director and wonderful collaborator. He will be deeply missed.” _ Eddie Murphy.
_ “Tony was always sensitive to the needs of an actor. We’ve lost a wonderful, creative talent.” _ Gene Hackman.
_ “Tony was one of the good guys. He was a man’s man who lived life as hard and as full as anyone I’ve ever met, but there was always a sweetness to his toughness. He was truly in love with his profession, and he is already missed.” _ Kevin Costner.
_ “No more Tony Scott movies. Tragic day.” _ Ron Howard tweeted.
_ “So very, very sorry to hear of the death of Tony Scott. A terrible, terrible loss of a truly talented, brilliant man.” _ Tweeted Martha Plimpton.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world