- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Only one party is ‘tax-and-spend’
In “November’s unenviable choices” (Commentary, Thursday) Judge Andrew P. Napolitano equally blames President Obama, along with his administration, and the Republicans for bad government spending. Judge Napolitano compares Rep. Paul Ryan, Wisconsin Republican and GOP vice-presidential candidate pick, to Democrats — even though Mr. Ryan submitted the best budget plan so far and the Democrats have had no budget for almost four years.
Judge Napolitano blames Mr. Ryan for voting for the Middle East war that saved the country from more destruction by terrorists after Sept. 11, 2001, at the cost of $1 trillion dollars. Apparently he didn’t add up the $5 trillion Mr. Obama and the Democrats spent for friends, political supporters and re-election, along with dubious projects including the more than $500 million Solyndra loan-guarantee debacle.
But I also agree with the judge when he writes that many voters may have the “anybody-but-Obama” urge after they add up the $16 trillion national debt and look at the fiscal cliff coming up. What worries me greatly is that after passing 41 laws still sitting on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s desk, the Republicans are still accused of being the same “tax-and-spend” legislators as the Democrats.
LT. COL. DOMINIK GEORGE NARGELE
U.S. Marines, retired
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit