- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
Mexico moves on at LLWS; Uganda rookies score win
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, PA. (AP) - Mexico is moving on at the Little League World Series, and Uganda made the biggest splash Tuesday with a win in its tournament finale.
The first team from Africa to qualify for youth baseball's biggest tournament notched another first with a 3-2 victory over Oregon in a consolation game. Uganda dropped its first two games in the series.
Eleven-year-old Ronald Olaa scored the winning run from second on a throwing error.
Uganda had become the adopted favorite in South Williamsport. Though eliminated, it plans to play more exhibition games in South Williamsport.
Mexico is still in contention after its 6-2 victory over Curacao. Thirteen-year-old Ramon Ballina's three-run homer highlighted a five-run third.
California and Connecticut are playing the nightcap in the U.S. bracket.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.